I’m Going Deep This Year—Join Me!
A year-long creative mentorship program for artists to create a cohesive body of work.
This new offering is all about getting to the core of your own creative work, inventing an art practice that is truly your own, and producing a cohesive body of work. I will lead from my lifetime of experience as a visual artist but don’t be mistaken; I am not the one with all the answers. YOU have access to everything you need to know inside of you. This is about your own collaboration with creativity itself.
On New Year’s Day, I led an art workshop where we explored our deepest goals and desires for the year. My goal is to fall back in love with making my artwork and to produce drool-worthy paintings. Who do I want to be drooling? Me! I want to be passionately in love with the work I’m creating.
Do you want to be in love with your work, too?
Falling in love takes time. Courtship. Dedication. Hot dates. Communication. Cultivating an art practice and producing a cohesive body of work takes similar time, passion, and patience. As I thought about this, I was reminded of my final year of college: my BFA thesis year. After years of foundations, art history, and studio courses, I had to make a choice. I could graduate with a B.A. in art, or I could take an extra thesis year to earn a BFA. A mentor advised me to do the thesis year, saying that it might be the last time I’d be able to simply focus on my art for a year in a supportive environment.
As it turns out, my mentor was right—it's been over a decade since then, and I haven’t been able to recreate that experience since. I’ve had little doses and deep dives here and there, and I've managed to become a full-time artist! But I yearn to return my focus to the work itself. I’ve been so busy building my career and my business that the notion of taking a year to totally prioritize and focus on my body of work itself has been unthinkable.
But this year, I’m on fire to do it—and not doing it seems unthinkable! I’m going deep into my work, creating a “thesis year” for my art—and I’d love to lead you in the process as well. Every month, we will do a lesson related to deepening our creative practice & making strong work. And we will do a challenge, to radically break apart any boxes we have put ourselves in as artists (and as human beings!).
Joining me on this journey is perfect for you if you:
- Want to go all in on your art practice and see where it takes you;
- Want to be in a supportive, energetic creative group but not a "paint-like-me" art class;
- Know you're meant to make more art but find yourself in resistance or can’t seem to nail down a consistent creative practice; or
- Are looking for creative mentorship.
Let's Go Deep will be like your own thesis year: you will develop a creative practice that is totally and wholly yours and produce art that is an expression of who you are and why you want to make art in the world. The program will be all about dialing into inspiration: tapping into divine inspiration and finding your unique way to get to the heart of your own creative work.
It’s not about me having all the answers and telling you how to make your art. You will watch me developing my own artwork and art practice. I’ll share how I’m making choices, overcoming obstacles, finding inspiration, and more.
I’ll also be guiding you via:
- A monthly lesson on a different aspect of creative practice each month, with themes ranging from photography to mark-making, to color theory, contemporary art practice and even things like abstaining from looking at others’ artwork (such as Instagram);
- A live Q and A call every month;
- A challenge every month
- A portfolio review and
- Private 1-on-1 mentoring and deep-dive creative day if you choose the Full Focus level of participation.
Does this sound like it was made just for you?
I’m looking for a dedicated, deep, intimate cohort of participants who are craving this same kind of ownership and depth in their art practice and want to see their art grow by leaps and bounds this year. It’s not about experience or “skill level,” it’s about wanting to go deep and grow!
- This is a side-by-side process. I will be here as a catalyst, a spark to set you on fire - but you will learn to sustain the fire in your very own way.
- Students say that I am good at doing the deep-dive discovery and being transparent & real about what I find. That is what I will share as we go along.
- My goal is for you to come up with an art practice that fits you like your favorite jacket: it should make you feel warm, happy, confident, and comfortable.
This program is going to be a game changer and a world changer! This is the work I’m aching at a gut level to delve into. I want to blow my own mind with my work! What are you aching to do? Isn’t it worth throwing your full effort into it? Join me—let’s see what we can accomplish when we focus our full creative force on our art!
Let's Go Deep began May 1st but it's not too late - you can still join us for the year. Register now and make this your year to go deep!
Let's Go Deep: Create a Cohesive Body of Work that is truly YOURS.
Where do you want to be, one year from now, with your creative work? Let's make it happen for you. Let's Go Deep.
Let's Go Deep - Committed Member Level
WHAT YOU GET:
- Monthly Lesson (Including Videos and Downloadable Worksheets)
- You'll learn a new way every month to get deep into your work, access your own creative power and uncover your own voice and style
- Our first live call is Tuesday, May 1st. After that, monthly lessons will generally be on the First Wednesday of every month at 12pm PST, with a few exceptions (see the dates on the FAQ page). I talk through the month’s lesson as a whole, and then open it up to discussion at the end for whoever is attending live. I encourage you to attend live if at all possible, but if you’re not able to attend, that’s OK. The call recording will be posted in the online classroom so you can watch it, or listen podcast style, at your convenience.You are welcome to attend the live teaching but it will be recorded and available for everyone to watch later that same day, so you won't miss anything if you aren't able to attend the live call. You may also listen to the monthly lesson podcast-style, audio-only.
- Monthly Challenge
- I'll be doing radical things each month to ignite my own creative practice, and I'll invite you to join in the challenges!
- Live Q and A call monthly
- You'll be able to ask me your burning questions about the lessons so you can apply the teachings to your own journey
- The Q & A call will take place the second Wednesday of the month at 12pm PST. Again, if you can't attend live, the Q & A call will be recorded and made available for you to watch, or listen to podcast-style. Everyone will submit questions ahead of time and those are what I will be addressing on the Q&A calls.
- Private Facebook group
- A private group where you can get support, feedback and guidance from me and fellow participants. This is vulnerable work we're doing so it really helps to have a community who understands the journey you're on and who has your back.
- A note about Facebook: This part of the course is totally optional. Facebook is not required to get the most out of the experience.
- Portfolio Review (at time of your choosing)
- 1 hour 1-on-1 session via video conference at the time of your choosing. You'll have my eyes on your work all year but this is our moment to really celebrate and go in-depth in a 1-on-1 session. You'll get my perspectives on your new work, within the context of your year of growth, to help you clarify your own style and voice at this powerful time in your career!
Let's Go Deep: Committed Member Monthly Payment Plan
Let's Go Deep: Committed Member One Year for $990 (Save $198)
Register now to ensure your spot!
Let's Go Deep - Full Focus Member Level
FULL FOCUS: This level is perfect for you if you know that you need extra, highly-individualized support to really take your art practice to the next level - and you're ready to thrive.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Everything included in the Committed Let's Go Deep Member Level plus:
- One-on-one mentoring call monthly with Annamieka
- Our 12 calls allow you to get on-going highly focused hands-on time with me to really tailor the teachings to your art practice and to make consistent progress on your goals.
- One Deep-Dive Creative Day (at time of your choosing)
- 6 hours 1-on-1 - can be done in-person in my Portland, Oregon studio, or virtually via Zoom video conferencing.
- In this immersive 1:1 intensive you'll have the opportunity to work through a creative project with me from start to finish - such as designing a solo show, planning an event, fine-tuning your website or artist statement, designing commission packages or teaching offerings. This is hands-on support for the next big step that you want to take with your cohesive body of work.
Let's Go Deep: Full Focus. Monthly Payment Plan
Let's Go Deep: Full Focus. One Year for $2490 (Save $498)
Let's Go Deep began May 1st but it's not too late - you can still join us for the year. Register now and make this your year to go deep.
Sign up now - don't delay!
One year from now, you could have a strong, cohesive body of work, and an art practice that fits like your favorite jacket. Powerful & truly YOU. Now tell me, what's that worth to you? Let's make it happen!
If you have any questions about the program, please contact me.
Thank you and I can hardly freaking wait to go deep with you!
PS: Read the Let's Go Deep: Frequently Asked Questions page! It will help!